Unresolved dependencies prevent Ximian Desktop 2 installation

I used to run XD2 with RH 8, and it worked very nicely. I then upgraded
to RH9, ran up2date, and went to reinstall XD2. I got the following
error message:

   The installer was unable to resolve dependencies for this
   install.  The following error message may provide information
   that will allow you to correct the error.  Alternatively, you
   may choose a different product or set of components to install.

   Upgrading gnome-print-1:0.37-4 =>
   gnome-print-1:0.37-4.ximian.6.6[Ximian Desktop 2] There are no
   installable providers of (any)ghostscript-fonts for
   gnome-print-1:0.37-4.ximian.6.6[Ximian Desktop 2]
   ghostscript-fonts-5.50-9 provides ghostscript-fonts-5.50-9, but
   it is uninstallable.  Try installing it on its own for more
   details. gnome-print-1:0.37-4.ximian.6.6 is scheduled to be
   installed, but this is not possible because of dependency
   problems. Marking this resolution attempt as invalid.

(I have no idea why ghostscript-fonts-5.50-9 is uninstallable. I
installed it, reinstalled, removed it and reinstalled it, etc. without
problems. Perhaps it's uninstallable because it's already installed.

Also, I don't understand why the XD2 installer believes there are no
providers of Ghostscript fonts when ghostcript-fonts is installed.)

OK, so I uninstalled all Ximian packages and replaced them with their RH
9 equivalents and re-ran the XD2 installer. Same error.

Has anyone else run into a similar problem and found a workaround or
fix? (The Ximian users list hasn't had any traffic from Ximian employees
lately, so I assume they are all in meetings with their new Novell
bosses.)

Thanks.

--- Vladimir