Re: HowTo resize a JFS Filesystem created on a LVM volume?

Dario Lesca wrote:

Please post me some valid documentation about the question in subject ...

Having just a few minutes ago extended a reiserfs file system I can at least give you some hints. First, to extend the logical volume:

lvextend -L 2G /dev/vg00/lvol1

(Extend the logical volume /dev/vg00/lvol1 to 2Gb -- see the lvextend manual page or just "lvextend -?" for more information).

Since this was reisierfs, I needed the resierfs-utils RPM installed. Since you have /sbin/extendfs I guess you have jfsutils already installed. At this point we diverge, I simply ran

resize_reiserfs /dev/vg00/lvol1

and I guess you need to run

extendfs /dev/vg00/lvol1

It would be good to try this on a different, experimental logical volume before you do it on something you value.

jch