Disk Druid w/ two swap partitions

I'm setting up a small department file and print server. Primary function Samba. The box is a retread K6/500 but with two new unpartitioned 40Gb drives.

Using Disk Druid, I partitioned /dev/hda1 and /dev/hdc1 to make /dev/md0 as a RAID1 mirrored pair. On each drive I left about 256Mb and configured /dev/hda2 and /dev/hdc2 as swap.

The install was smooth enough. But when completed, I had only 256Mb of swap. Editing fstab got me an informative error during the next boot.

I booted with my trusty parted floppies and discovered that /dev/hda had 256Mb of free space; not the swap I'm sure I asked for. Using parted to create the second swap partition solved the problem. So, all's well.<g>

But, I keep wondering:

a. Was it my mistake or was it disk druid that made only one swap?

b. Should I care that /boot is a directory (not partition) on /dev/md0?

c. Should I unplug /dev/hda to be sure it still boots?

I've had no trouble with RAID1 before. This is my first "surprise".

thanks,

Cliff Kent