USB keyboard & mouse not recognized

Hello,

I just attached a USB keyboard and a USB mouse to the
back-side USB ports on my box running RH9, where once
there was a standard (PS/AT) keyboard and mouse.

Currently, the USB devices work until immediately
after Grub loads and the system messages begin to
scroll across the screen (the USB keyboard works in
the BIOS, and also when I substituted a WinXP drive
for the Linux drive and booted off of it).

Does anyone know what's going on here and how I can
fix it?  Do I need to use the shrike CD to boot into
the system?  Is there something that I have to
change/enable to have USB keyboard and mouse support?

Thanks in advance,

Michael Oatman
Systems Admin,
Internet Convenience Store