Re: On Text-Mode how to execute copy and paste function

On 20:46 04 Aug 2003, James Kaufman <jmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 10:10:23PM +0800, Stephen Liu wrote:
| > On switching to init2 (Text Mode) I encountered difficulty in
| > highlighting/selecting a paragraph and save it to a file on floppy.
| > Each time I have to hand-write the paragraph down.
| >
| > Is there a way to do it.  The mouse is not in function.
|
| If the mouse works at all, the 'standard' way to cut and paste in text mode is
| to highlight using the left mouse button, and paste using the right. If it
| doesn't work, try running mouseconfig as root.

Hmm. I don't know about copy, but paste should be bound to the Insert key
(or Shift-Insert). Remember that "paste" means "type this", so you'll need
to be in "insert text" mode in your editor when you press the Insert key.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/