Re: Orinoco Gold card

On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 08:44, Ryan McDougall wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I hope ya'll don't mind but I'm posting to both the Shrike and Psyche lists,
> looking for a wider range of answers/experiences.
>
> So I am DREADING the day I bought my new wireless card...
> <rant>It is a Linksys WPC11 v4 card apparently based on the Realtek chipset. I
> went on to Linksys's website and I _cannot_ find this card ANYWHERE on their
> site, they have the v2.5 and the v3 cards not the v4
> </rant>

Not that I want to talk you out of a wonderful Orinoco Gold, but:

The v4 can be made to work,s ee my posting a few minutes ago regarding
linuxquestions.org.

Another option is to call Linksys and get it swapped for a v3. They know
that NT can't use it and it is incompatible w/other of their products.
Check your docs that came with it. There is an additional sheet of paper
that tells you about this option.

--
Bill Anderson
RHCE #807302597505773