Re: Forward file sendmail

On Sun, 2003-08-03 at 19:37, Ivo Tijhaar wrote:
> I'm using red hat 9.0 and the sendmail from this distrubution and now i want
> to configure sendmail with the alias file that some users have a auto reply
> file in case they are on vacation. But when i use this option reply from
> file in the sendmail al mail send to this user the sender will get the
> following error:
>
> The original message was received at Fri, 25 Jul 2003 10:47:37 +0200
> from root@xxxxxxxxx
>
> ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
> "|/etc/webmin/sendmail/autoreply.pl /home/ivotijhaar/vacationivotijhaar"
> (reason: Service unavailable)
> (expanded from: ivotijhaar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
>
> ----- Transcript of session follows -----
> smrsh: "autoreply.pl" not available for sendmail programs (stat failed)
> 554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

From the security stand-point sendmail isn't allowed to execute any
program, it is locked down to /etc/smrsh

I seem to remember symlinks working in the past, so try putting a
symbolic link to /etc/webmin/sendmail/autoreply.pl in /etc/smrsh

I've not read sendmail docs for awhile, but from my mailman installation
it looks like the link is all you need to do.

--
Regards,
Adam Allen.

adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx