Re: Best laptop for RH9 ?

Please take a look at:

http://www.matts-workshop.com/hp_ze4325us_rh9.shtml

All you need to do is disable legacy USB support in the BIOS.
If that doesn't work, boot with the 'nousb' option, or you can
hook up a usb keyboard.

The HP Presario isn't trash by any means, it just takes a little
extra effort to set up.

Matt

I'll give your advice a try. I sold my 490CDT to a Windows user. Now, I have this one to take on the challenge of.

For the nousb option, is it just tailed onto the kernel in edit mode? The USB Keyboard was something that I considered.

Thanks,

Jim

Yes, you can append nousb to the kernel line in grub, although I seem to recall having trouble with that. Changing the legacy USB support to 'no' in the BIOS should eliminate the need use 'nousb'. You just have to be pretty quick to hit the 'del' key during bootup so you can get into the BIOS settings.

you're welcome,

Matt