Klipper quotes URLs to Mozilla. Why?

When I highlight a URL, Klipper offers to open it with one of several Web
browsers.  When I opt for Mozilla, and already have Mozilla opened,
Klipper apparently sends the URL wrapped in single-quote characters.

The string is not quoted if Mozilla is not already running.  Put another
way, the URL is not quoted if Klipper starts Mozilla.  If the URL is
quoted, Mozilla puts up a message box complaining about the format.  I
must then manually remove the quote chars before the URL can be used.

I have seen this behavior from Moz versions 1.2 and now with 1.4.  Both
versions were built from the SRPMs on the Mozilla FTP site.  This is on a
KDE desktop with all RH updates applied.

What is causing this quotation and how to I stop it?

Thanks.