Re: DSL

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 10:22:29PM -0500, Price Technology wrote:
> I concur except for one thing.  DON'T buy a linksys !!  Support sucks and
> warranty is a royal pain.

I've owned Netgear, Umax, and Linksys gear.  My Netgear print server/hub
is a piece of crap that never functioned well and now sits on my shelf.
My Umax hub failed after its 1-year warranty was up and I was told to
toss it - no after-warranty support at all.  I had a failing Linksys
router and their tech support sent me a new unit before I had to ship my
unit back.  This process worked for me although it did take me a week or
2 to convince them that my unit was failing.  I've had Netgear NICs and
haven't had any issues with any of them.

> I like Netgear.  I've have and use several Netgear products and so do my
> customers.  I've had very little trouble with them and when I do, the support
> / warranty is terrific.
>
> Just my opinion / experience.

I think it's a bit like cars - you have a favorite vendor and you stick
with them.  To each his own...

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts@xxxxxxxxxx