Re: DSL

Christopher Russell wrote:

Globe Trotter et al,

Ignoring Linux friends, I did the 'brandname' router method 2 years ago.
It seemed a good way to quickly share an internet connection with 2
machines at home. Linksys BESFR41. Now I'm cruising on my cable
connection - until I got a Linksys firmware update. Couldn't reset to
factory defaults, could NEVER reset the password from " " "Admin".
Linksys tech support knows about this problem, but have no solution...
Bought a Belkin F5DF231, whose proprietary SPI firewall leaks at least
port 515...

I rest my case.

I can concur with the LinkSys un-recommendation. Things may improve now they're owned by Cisco, but to date I've heard nothing good.

jch