issues involving kernel header files versus RH 9 include files?

  continuing with a discussion of 2.6.0-test1 related issues,
there are apparently some issues involving a conflict between the
header files that come with RH 9 and the kernel header files
included in the 2.6.0-test1 source tree.

  as one example, recall the small patch that had to be made
to get LVM2 working under 2.6.0.  the person who sent me the
patch told me that, in lieu of the patch, one could also just
symlink /usr/include/linux to the linux header files in the
2.6.0 source tree.

  not knowing enough about what kind of effect that would have,
i was happy to apply the 3-line patch instead/

  but perhaps someone else could comment on the possible effects
of having different header files in those two locations, and
what effect symlinking would have, etc.  are there updated
glibc-kernheaders for this?  any advice appreciated.

rday