Re: Booting the system with a CDROM?

On July 18, 2003 07:50 am, 012950864@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> Sorry if this sounds wierd; but instead of booting from a floppy, can we
> create a bootable CDROM to boot to a Linux system. "Linux rescue" does not
> boot the way a floppy bootdisk does (the default behavior of a system

Yes you can. Here's just a couple of examples:
Have a look at: http://lnx-bbc.org/
"The LNX-BBC is a mini Linux-distribution, small enough to fit on a CD-ROM
that has been cut, pressed, or molded to the size and shape of a business
card."

http://lbt.linuxcare.com/index.epl

"The LBT is a fully usable miniature Linux distribution which can be placed on
a credit-card sized CD media. The distribution should work in almost any PC
with almost any operating system. We offer over 101mb of software including a
2.4 kernel, Xfree86 4.1, full network services for both pci and pcmcia cards,
wireless connectivity, perl, and a lot more."

cheers & HTH,

Elton ;-)