Re: hang on start

Bob Mclaughlin wrote:

Thanks Mike. Space and 3 got me to the command line. Now I
can bypass the graphics login screen. Tried 'startx' and
Redhat desk top is very slow to come up and, after up, will
not respond to the keyboard or mouse. It looks like I'm
hung up in
x-windows. Trying as root - same problem. I'll try to
decipher some logs and then ask for more help.
Reference SSH or Telnet question - no. I can see and
read/write to /home/bob on the linuxbox from WinMe Explorer.
How does one get SSH or Telnet from a WinMe box?

telnet is lame, forget about it except as a test tool -

google for putty.exe, install that and use it to access your linux server from win doze.

Joe