Re: using CD/RW devices without SCSI emulation in 2.6 kernel??

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Wednesday 16 July 2003 15:48, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >   according to joe pranevich's article on the 2.6 kernel, the new
> > IDE driver in 2.6 allows one to write CD/RWs without using the
> > historical SCSI emulation.  has anyone tried that?  and how does
> > one use cdrecord like this, since cdrecord seems to require a
> > SCSI device.
> >
> >   hints?
>
> You can currently do this w/ RHL9.
>
> cdrecord dev=ATAPI:0,1,0
>
> This assumes that the CDRW is the primary slave.  Secondary master would
> be 1,0,0  and secondary slave would be 1,1,0.

since i don't have access to my system at the moment, can you use this
technique while simultaneously using the SCSI addressing scheme?  as i
recall, the SCSI addressing is supported by the ide_scsi module.  if
that's loaded already, does it interfere with the ATAPI addressing
approach?

rday