From: Klaasjan Brand [mailto:kjb@xxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 1:47 AM
To: shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 2.6 and Arjan's rpm's?

On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 07:08, Gustave Eiffel wrote:
> 2.6 kernel rpms?
>
> Where does one obtain these beasts?
>
> Anyone using them?
>
> Success / failures.......

http://people.redhat.com/arjanv/2.5/

Worked a bit for me ;). I had problems installing because my scsi driver
had been renamed in 2.6 (ncr->sym).
Devlabel didn't work for me so I had to specify the /dev/hd.. partition
with grub to get it to boot.
Also, the usb host controller drivers have been renamed so I had to
modprobe them manually to get my mouse to work and the agp host
controller driver didn't autoload (really have to play with
modprobe.conf ;) so I modprobed that too to get dri up and running. For
some strange reason the alsa drivers' volume settings were set to the
default (muted) instead of the saved settings (running 2.4 with
freshrpms alsa works fine).

Interactivity improves a lot vs 2.4; with 2.4.20-18.9 heavy disk IO
causes the mouse cursor to move sluggish, not a bit with 2.6 test.
Tried a quick game of Return to castle Wolfenstein without hang-ups.
Need to test a bit more ;)

--
Klaasjan Brand <kjb@xxxxxx>