RE: 2.6 and Arjan's rpm's?

I've been running the 2.6 RPM a little over 18 hours now.

Right now, I'm running it on some fairly boring hardware (from a testing
perspective) and it's performed very well so far -- no crashes or serious
errors.

Quick machine specs: Soyo KT-266 MB/Athlon 1700+/512MB/120GB/100GB

The first problem I had, which is strictly cosmetic is that my USB mouse and
keyboard appear to fail during startup, but I suspect this is due to the
module name change from usb-uhci to uhci-hcd.  Once uhci-hcd loads later in
the boot process, the keyboard and mouse come up just fine.  I'll dig around
in the next few days and see what I need to change to fix the initialization
scripts.

Interactivity seems okay, I tested some streaming video, audio, etc. and was
able to cause some skips, but a lot fewer than earlier 2.5 testing -- though
the I was testing on different hardware.

I keep running into one major annoyance though.  Immediately upon network
startup, I started receiving the following messages, in MASSIVE quantities:

Jul 14 13:09:41 grog kernel: 192.168.1.101 sent an invalid ICMP type 11,
code 0 error to a broadcast: 192.168.1.255 on eth0

I finally shut it up with a "net/ipv4/icmp_ignore_bogus_error_responses = 1"
in /etc/sysctl.conf.

My network gateway is a Dlink DI-614+ running the latest firmware and all
the other hosts on my home network are either Redhat 9, XP, or Solaris
(don't ask ;-).  As an experiment, I isolated all other machines from the
network leaving just the router and this machine, but the error messages
continue.  Obviously, none of the 2.4 kernel machines are seeing this kind
of thing.  Is anyone else getting this error?

Oops.   I am seeing one other message; I'm getting a lot of:

Jul 15 08:00:01 grog hidups[5756]: Unhandled event: 0x0 (0)

in my logs.  This particular machine has an APC Backups USB on it.  I'll try
to investigate this further later into the week.