RE: Newbi's question

Some day, A real nice person called Markku Kolkka wrote:

>Viestissä Perjantai 11. Heinäkuuta 2003 16:13, RICOTTA, FEDERICO
>[AG-Contractor/5000] kirjoitti:
> well, I tried to install and configure my 'internal "Generic Voice 56K"'
> modem...

>Most likely it's a "winmodem", i.e. a simple card with most of the actual
>modem functions implemented in software. You must find out what chipset is on
>the modem (use the lspci command) and check if a Linux driver is available
>for it. See http://www.linmodems.org/ for more details.

>--
>	Markku Kolkka
>	markku.kolkka@xxxxxx

Your wright!!!

I did lspci and it told me that my  modem has an HSF Conexant chip and I downloaded the proper driver from linexant's webpage... After installing the .o's and .inf's files looked into the installing and readme files, but the only thing a figured out was that sopously there should be a /dev/modem device or a /dev/ttyhsf but nothing new appears, I tried to install the modules manually but there was a couple of modules and when a tried to run 'modprobe hsf*' in the proper directorie it says: "can't find the file or directory hsfyukon.o" that is the last file in the list.....

I am in really lost in this..... :-(

ANY Help????

Thanks and Best Regards

Federico Ricotta