Re: PDA Recommendation & Pocket PC

Hi all,

I have used a PDA for several years. I found it very usefull for me.
Disadvanteges can be eliminated by choosing good PDA that suits you.

I have Psion 5mx series now, <http://www.psion.com>. It is small,
powerfull. CPU ARM 710T 37 MHz, ROM 16 MB, RAM 16 MB, Flash card up
to 128 MB (the same as for digital camera). Touch screen LCD 640x240
16 grays. OS Symbian Epoc 5 32-bit. Keyboard 53-keys. Connectivity
through serial port or IrDA.

Psion is running Epoc OS, find apps at <http://www.tucows.com>.
Conectivity and sync software are available with Psion. Usually for
Windows. Software for Linux (and for KDE) can be found at
<http://www.plptools.sourceforge.net>. Psion can run also Linux as an
OS, look at <http://linux-7110.sourceforge.net>.

>From apps that I use:
word editor, sheet editor, contacts, agenda, email, calc, www, money,
sketch, sound recorder, route map.

I work as administrator too. But my Psion can´t be connected to every
computer I would like to.

I am from Slovakia (Europe), I bought it in Slovakia. It has almost
complete national support.

I am not sure if Psion PDAs are shipped in the USA this year.

I not tryed Sharp Zaurus yet, looks very interesting.

Yes, PDA is expensive, but PDA is very usefull, your time and work
are
also money. If you think about that, PDA is not as expensive.

If you choose right type of PDA, it is not difficult to input data,
transfer to/from desktop and sync with other computers.

My PDA is sufficiently proof - I have leather cover, I use it in
summer, in winter, at school, in a train...

You must pay attention to security - do not lost it or share with
other people.

Martin Sechny

Vyrazne zlavy pocitacov a prislusenstva
Digitalny fotoaparat Olympus ľ300 v cenach uz od 16.100,- Sk bez DPH
Navstivte nas na adrese http://www.somi.sk/akcie.php