RE: SCO versus Linux Lawsuit Threatens RH?

On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 13:55, Tom Diehl wrote:
> On Fri, 30 May 2003, Dan G wrote:
>
> > Would be nice. I also read MS got dinged 750 Million by the courts to payout
> > Aol this week as well.
>
> All I got out of the AOL articles I read was that M$ paid AOL $750M to license
> AOL technology. IOW I do not see how this settlement in any way punishes
> M$. If anything I think in time Netscape/Mozilla will go away since AOL has
> royalty free rights to IE for 7 years and AOL and M$ are partnering. I hope I
> am wrong but......-- .....Tom

Given the history, and the obvious, M$ came out on top and dinged the
beachhead of Netscape/Mozilla versus M$IE in this exchange.

The question remains what potential harm to RH in specific and
commercialized distros of Linux in general they can do via their
client-stooges at SCO via their harassing lawsuit versus Linux,
supposedly on behalf of Unix.

doc