Re: web server slow?

On Fri, 30 May 2003, Rigoberto de la Cruz wrote:

> I need some help with my web server. It seems that it is way too slow. I
> tried "time wget mydomain.com" from a computer at my school and got the
> following:
>
> real    0m20.148s
> user    0m0.008s
> sys     0m0.002s
>
> then I tried from my web server and I got the following:
>
> real    0m0.016s
> user    0m0.000s
> sys     0m0.020s
>
> what should I do? what configurations might be wrong? don't know what to
> do...
>
> thanks in advance,
> Rigo

There probably isn't anything wrong, actually...you have to keep in mind
that the connection from school had to go over the internet, while doing
it from your web server never touched anything but the system internals.

You can't really compare a web page read between a network connected
system and the local web server.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, send a message to:

site-update-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

with a message of:

subscribe