RE: sendmail help

If I remember right, RH-7.3 used sendmail-8.11.x and RH8/9 uses
sendmail-8.12.x. There were some changes to the sendmail queues between the
releases. Especially with the addition of the MSP (message submission
program), multiple queues, queue groups, etc...

Since I have never configured sendmail on a dialup line, I can only
speculate that sendmail "might" be disabling queuing due to resolver lib
errors or something along those lines. I don't really know. Thus forcing you
to manually tickle the queue by issueing "sendmail -q" -or- for the MSP
"sendmail -Ac -q" when you finally dialin. Guess you could add sendmail -q
to your dialup script or even create a cronjob to tickle the queue.

Maybe a post to the sendmail NG might point you in the right direction.

Steve Cowles