Re: rpmbuild speed P3 versus XP?

Hi again:
      Starting again blender from cold reboot has same result. Blender
starts inmediately, and all functionality ( except rendering 3D scenes, of
course ) are inmediate too. :)

      Remember what i said, blender don't use in anyway window manager
and/or desktop things.

Regards

Jean Francois Martinez <jfm512@xxxxxxx>@redhat.com con fecha 27/05/2003
07:47:21 p.m.

Por favor, responda a shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx

Enviado por:      shrike-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx

Destinatarios:     shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx
CC:       dballester@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Asunto:     Re: rpmbuild speed P3 versus XP?

When the process finished the binary and probably most libraries were
still cached in memory after the linking at the end of the RPM build so
it is perfectly normal that it starts nearly instantaneously.  Reboot,
restart it and THEN you will have a valid comparison.  And don't forget
to measure cruise speed not merely starting speed

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 13:49, dballester@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Taking this thread... Yesterday I downloaded and installed blender from
> fedora.mplug.org. When the process finished, I started it, of course ;).
> For my surprise, this application toke 1 or less seconds to startup! (
> Really amazing, take in mind that this program was created for 3D
> modelling, rendering,animation, post-production... ) and all the actions
> are very, very fast. It hasn't gnome/kde or others managed windows, and
I'm