Re: Almost no audio from ogle

M. Fioretti wrote:
Hello,

I've managed to play DVDs on an IBM thinkpad T21 with ogle (it and all
dependencies from freshrpms.net).

video is fine, menus work. Audio, however, is *barely*
hearable. Other sounds (beeps from keyboard, audio card test) play at
the right volume level, only this is close to null.

Where should I look, and what should I change to fix this?

Check your master volume and PCM settings in gnome-volume-control. Also, some laptops have a hardware volume control dial that controls the volume at the hardware level. Make sure that is turned up as well. Finally, try out some other DVDs and make sure it is not just a problem with the soundtrack on a particular DVD.

Best Regards,
Keith
--
LPIC-2, MCSE, N+