Red Hat way to add routes?

Hello,

I have a laptop running shrike connected via ethernet to my desktop,
which is connected to the internet via 56K dial up.

The desktop can surf the internet just fine. The ethernet link between
the two PCs is fine also: I can ping and ssh from both.

I can't surf the net from the laptop, however. I've done this in the
past, so I know (I think) the involved steps. My questions are:

1) I have the printed manuals here, but don't see a GUI way to add
   routes. What should I suggest to folks scared of the command line?
   redhat-config-??what??

2) using route -n I see also:

169.254.0.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.0.0     U     0      0 0 eth0

   where does this come from?

   Ciao,
	Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

"If automobiles had followed the same development cycle as the
computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million
miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone
inside." --Robert Cringley