Re: RH9 crashes after several days - after can't mount /proc duringboot

--On Friday, May 23, 2003 1:54 PM +0200 "shrek-m@xxxxxx" <shrek-m@xxxxxx> wrote:

| Damon Parker schrieb:
|
|> <...>We had to do a hard reset to get the machine back up
|

| why?

The machine was unresponsive for an hour when we came in to work.

|> <...>I had a similar problem with an older AMD k6 box several weeks
|> ago, using the
|> same RH9 media.
|

| the same sysadmin?  ;-)

haha. If the internal media checking checks out before the install, does that _really_ mean anything?

|> <...>  At the time, we assumed it must be a problem with the old bios of
|> the pre LBA motherboard, so we just bought a whole new box (and new
|> HD) to
|> replace it and now are having the same problem with the new box.
|

| its never a fault to do something like

would if I could but I can't. RPM segfaults. Last night I wasn't having any luck trying to do it before chroot and specifying a new db.

I'm probably just going to rebuild the box _again_. What should I check to be sure the proper athlon kernel and glib etc. gets installed.

Thanks

damonp