Re: samba pdf printer

On Fri, 23 May 2003 08:45:16 -0400 (EDT), William Hooper wrote
> Yves Glodt said:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > does anyone have a working setup of a samba printer which gives a
> > pdf and saves it to a public share?
> >
> > If yes, would it be possible to post parts of your smb.conf here?
> > (and other needed stuff)
> >
> > thanks and regards,
> >
> > Yves
>
> LinuxGazette has a nice article on how to do it:
> http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue72/bright.html
>
> In only shows up as the 12th hit on Google...

Hi,

yes I know, and i have tried it out but it does not seem to work. (because
of RH9 using cups?) This howto seems to describe how to do it with the old
printing mechanism (bsd or whatever it's called)

The printpdf script works as expected, but it seems like cups it not really
passing the ps file over to it, as printpdf is never being executed.

I have also found this (in german):
http://www.linux-als-server.de/html/special-pdfprinter.php

but is does not work aswell...

Therefore I reformulate and reask my question:
Has anyone a pdf printer over samba working with RH9?

regards,

Yves