Re: What magic lets me now burn on non 'SCSIfied' IDE drives?

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Thursday 22 May 2003 11:28, Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:

I've been using SCSI-less CD burning for near half a year without
problems. And it's a not exactly Red Hat Linux 9 magic, but a perfect
combination between kernel magic and cdrecord magic (that now supports
native ATAPI burners).

So, what exactly do you pass cdrecord? Do other apps, such as xcdroast or burn:/// in naut work w/out emulation?

I didn't need to change anything for xcdroaster or gtoaster to work, without the hdx=ide-scsi parameter. Both programs did not work with the 2.5 kernel, but that is a different situation.

as far as burn:/// and it's usefullness. It makes a great ISO file maker. It never has worked for me. Either with the hdx=ide-scsi parameter or with it not being present.

I kind of like only having to make an iso file and burning the disc on the command-line.

Jim

--
"Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk ?"
Microsoft spel chekar vor sail, worgs grate !!