GNOME Help topics have vanished

Hmmm ... this is strange. In yelp (the GNOME help browser) under "Help
Contents" all the entries for "GNOME - Desktop" have vanished. See
screenshot:

http://www.brierton.plus.com/yelp.png

Yesterday they were fine. Since yesterday all I have done is reboot (I
needed to boot into Windows briefly) and install the GPG up2date. I
haven't tried restarting GNOME as I'm in the middle of doing something.
Does anyone know what could cause this?

If I start yelp from a terminal this is what I get:

        $ yelp
        warning: failed to load external entity ""
        warning: failed to load external entity ""
        warning: failed to load external entity ""
        warning: failed to load external entity ""
        warning: failed to load external entity ""

Any suggestions?

TIA, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren@xxxxxxxxxxx          www.dzr-web.com