RE: kernel-2.4.20-13.9 Breaks Soundblaster Audigy

On 19 May 2003, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

> I don't know yet; I do know the audigy driver was doing Bad Shit(tm) so
> I don't rule out that it was causing badness all over.

Would it be safe to assume that if I wasn't using the Audigy driver to
begin with, I wouldn't see any difference with this test kernel?

Reason for asking is that I would like to avoid a massive download which
isn't going to do anything for me.

On another front - the *release* (not test) kernel-2.4.20-13.9 doesn't
seem to do good things for me - in fact on my IBM Thinkpad T30 (845
chipset, P4 1.8 GHz, 256 MB), performance is noticably more sluggish than
the previous errata kernel, and even things like clicking on the KDE menu
button on the taskbar take seconds before they produce a response. Boot
back into the previous kernel, and response (while not snappy) is
definitely bearable.

Am not sure how to handle this, since 13.9 is a security release, which
means that I *have* to use it, but I am certainly not a happy camper at
the moment.

Atul

Atul Chitnis       | achitnis@xxxxxxxxxxx
Bangalore, India   | +91 (80) 344-0397