RE: gnome startup error

Thanks for the reply Jeremy.  I haven't done any corrective
action yet.  I need some expert tutelage before playing on
the command line.  This is a straight upgrade from RH8 to
RH9 without any addons or tweaking.  I have done all the RH
up2dates.  Could you give me the commands to delete the
.gconfd file and do I just do a reinstall of Gnome from the
CD?  Just assume I'm Sgt Schultz and "I know nothing".  TIA
Bob