Re: problem installing Tux Racer from source (rpm *or* tarball)

--- Elton Woo <elwoo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am trying to get Tux Racer installed with sound
> support.
> Looking through the shrike list archives, I found a
> workaround,
> but some of the links to various things seem to have
> changed.
> Consequently, I decided that I would install from
> source, either
> with a src.rpm or from a tarball.

<snip>

Elton,

This isn't going to help you specifically, but I just
did a clean install of Shrike with all devel tools
included on the CD's, ran up2date and installed all
the updates.

I then followed the directions of Paul Ganci in this
thread:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/shrike-list/2003-April/msg00713.html

Anyway, it worked perfectly and I now have Tuxracer
with sound.  I had done this previously and thought I
had to upgrade to the latest XFree in rawhide, but
that must have been wrong because it built fine with
my clean Shrike install all up2date (and no XFree
update).

Sorry I don't have specific help, though.

Regards,
Charles