Upgrading to 9 on Promise Software Raid

Hi List,
I have an ASUS MB with the Promise PDC20276 chip and a pair of 40GB drives
configured in Raid0.  The boot disk is a conventional ATA drive on hda.
Several partitions such as /home, /usr and others are set up on the ataraid
partitions.  The question is, does anyone know how to upgrade to 9.0 from
8.0 on a system such as this.  The stock 9.0 installation kernel recognizes
the PDC20276 as being present, but doesn't load the ataraid or pdcraid
modules. It recognizes that a previous version of RedHat is installed, but
then complains about the partitions being bad on the two raid disks.  (They
work fine under 8.0).  It's likely these aren't compiled into the kernel,
and they aren't included in the supplementary driver images.  I also notice
that in the system installation directory, the /dev/ataraid/ devices aren't
set up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Gordon Larsen