Re: Red Hat moving to some native-GUI browser?

Charles Griffin wrote:

--- Havoc Pennington <hp@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Not sure what you're asking; all I'm saying is that
the default
browser on the panel is likely to change to
something that uses real
GTK or Qt widgets, as soon as something like that is
mature enough.

Havoc

I like the sound of that. Personally, I like the way Epiphany is headed. It's still alpha, IMHO, but boy is it fast! Galeon is great, too. Either way, I like the idea of a GTK (not QT) native browser as the default. For me, GTK just looks so much nicer...

Galeon under Mandrake 9.1 is quite nice... All GTK2 widgets, looks and feels just like everything else under Gnome. I would venture a guess that once the Red Hat folks deem the latest series of Galeon builds are stable enough, that's what'll be in the panel by default.
--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw@xxxxxxxxxxxx