Re: Red Hat moving to some native-GUI browser?

On Fri, May 16, 2003 11:51:00 at 11:51:00AM -0400, Havoc Pennington (hp@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> > Very interesting. May I ask you to elaborate on this? (not "when", of
> > course, but why, in which way, etc...)
>
> Not sure what you're asking; all I'm saying is that the default
> browser on the panel is likely to change to something that uses real
> GTK or Qt widgets, as soon as something like that is mature enough.

The explanation above answers the "in which way" part of my question,
thanks. The "why" part meant "what are the reasons"?

	Technical
		Performance
		Stability
		Easier maintenance/QA
		Compliance with standards (which ones?)
	Usability/accessibility issues
	Better internationalization
	License
	We don't like no XUL lizards
	Whatever

	TIA,
		Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

Da quando amo, riesco ad indossare i miei anni: non sono piu' vecchia
   --   Sarah Cristina Ceccarelli