Re: USB and PS/2 Mouse - plug-n-play?

Thanks for all the ideas, but I still can't get it to
work.

Here is what I've tried:

 a) Documentation
    Did you look at it first before suggesting?
    It might help grandma, but not me!
    (Very basic...)

 b) mouseconfig with:

    1) Generic USB Wheel mouse:
       [Can't use the touchpod when USB is unplugged]

    2) No mouse
       [X fails to start, does not bring up any config
        options but dumps me to the terminal login]

    3) Generic 2-Button PS/2 mouse:
       [Does not recognize USB mouse when I plug it in]

    4) The exact mouse I have (Logitech USB Mouse++ or whatever)
       [Save as generic USB - no fallback to the touchpad]

 c) Existing topics: I did check first before writing
    to the mailing list - perhaps this has been discussed
    somewhere else? I can't find anything on the shrike list,
    and all my searches from the redhat wed page turn up blank.
    ("usb mouse" in the knowlegde base turns up nothing new.
     How can you search the mailing lists again? Can't seem to
     find it...direct searches in shrike-list turn up nothing
     useful...)

I have not recompiled the kernel, nor really done anything
apart from a vanilla RedHat 9 install on the machine.

-Eric