Re: SCSI and IDE on same system

Yes, both should work.  Is /dev/cdrom a symbolic link
to the correct IDE device? Also try turning DMA off on
the CDROM using hdparm.
-Bob Arendt

hdwiebe@xxxxxxx wrote:
Is it possible to run Red Hat Linux V9 on a system which has both SCSI and IDE devices? I have installed RH9 on a system which has SCSI RAID disks and a SCSI tape drive but an IDE CD-
ROM drive. When I attempt to mount a cd-rom by the command

mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom

the system waits a few seconds, displays the message

hda: (_ide_dma_test_irq) called while not waiting

and reboots itself. I have run RH9 on all-IDE systems and on all-SCSI systems (including the CD-ROM drive) with no such problem. Any ideas out there?

Thanks in advance,

H. D. Wiebe
hdwiebe@xxxxxxx