Re: devlabel and usb devices

I just figured this out myself. ;-)

With your USB memory stick reader in, as root, issue the command
(where /dev/sda1 is where the memory stick is usually mounted and
/dev/flash is the user-defined device name you want to use):

devlabel add -d /dev/sda1 -s /dev/flash --automount

It will add an entry in /etc/sysconfig/devlabel.

Also edit /etc/fstab with the following line:

/dev/flash         /mnt/flash              auto    noauto,owner 0 0

Make sure /mnt/flash/ exists. Make sure the line does not contain the
kudzu option because the kudzu option will allow kudzu to remove the
entry if it doesn't exist.

When you hotplug a USB device in your computer, devlabel is restarted,
thus it will try to automatically mount /dev/sda1 to the mount point
defined in /etc/fstab.

The trick is that when you plug a USB card reader in your computer,
you need to have the card already in the reader. If not, devlabel will
notice that the storage device is not in the drive, and it wouldn't be
able to automount it.

If you want to keep the reader plugged in, when you insert the card,
you must run the command devlabel restart as root to get it to mount.

HTH,
Tammy