Re: Sendmail and squirrelmail

William Hooper wrote:

Rigoberto de la Cruz said:
[snip]

Also, squirrel mail comes with redhat, but I do
know how to make it work. I get this info:

There was an error contacting the mail server.
Contact your administrator for help.

unfortunately I'm the administrator and don't know
what's wrong.

More information please. What version of SquirrelMail? Have you configured SquirrelMail to point to your IMAP server (/usr/share/squirrelmail/config/conf.pl)? What kind (and version) of IMAP server are you using? Have you read the documentation (what there is) at http://www.squirrelmail.org ?

As to the versions, I'd bet squirrelmail is the
version that ships with shrike (1.2.10 or so)
and imap is also the version that ships with
shrike (imap-2001a-18) -  it all just worked
out of the box for me, once I turned on the
imap server and enabled access via iptables
and tcp wrappers (imap localhost, https all)

Joe