numlock/lline wrap

I've been tying out Linux for about 6 months now, reading documentation, following several mail lists, upgrading from Phoenix to Shrike but still have a couple of newbie questions.  First, how do I get Evolution to wrap text.  Second, my bios goes to great length to turn on my numlock and linux shuts it off at every opportunity.  Default should be on.  Please help or point me at some readable documentation.
bob McLaughlin