Re: please excuse this: slighlty O/T (RH 7.3)

As an initial tip, try to empty the sent folder. How big is it?

I had the same problem. squirrelmail goes slow and slow after I delete
messages stored into the Sent folder. You can also delete old messages
form the Trash folders.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Kevin Worthington dijo:
> Hi Everyone, please excuse this post, as it is not directly Shrike related.
>
> I'm running 7.3 (Valhalla) as an intranet server (with apache, php,
mysql etc), and using it to retrieve some mail via squirrelmail. Up
until a couple of days ago, it was very responsive and there were no
problems. Now, to process an http request it takes a few minutes. It's
very strange. Retrieving messages from squirrelmail's web interface is
extremely slow. The only slower process is when I view a page that fires
an email off to me on a submit of a web form. This slowness especially
has be baffled, since my desktop pc and the server are on the same
switch. I have so far tried to see if there were any strange processes
using top, and ps -A | more. I have also restarted all of my services,
and had actually rebooted, the server, something that I haven't done in
months. I'm pretty much out of ideas, so I'd appreciate any help. uname
-r: 2.4.18-27.7.x