Re:Windows-like Desktop

  Does anyone know a light, Windows-like Desktop which runs on TinyX and
  fluxbox (light alternative to XFRee86 and KDE/Gnome)

  We have some P166/64MB-PCs for a project in Zambia, thanks to the
  rule-project we have now a running RH9 - but we have to go away from the
  unusual interface of fluxbox, since many of the people who learn on the
  Linux-PCs will later got into Offices with Windows-GUI - and it will not
  help them if tehy will be lost there.

  Hope you have got the point, thanks for any help, Ingo.

First of all, I'd like to thank Ingo both for  testing and debugging the RULE
packages
on such a useful project, and for mentioning it here. This is going to be one of
the first
real world deployments of Red Hat 9 + RULE to end users with limited PCs.

About the specific question: from previous talks between me and Ingo, I assume that
by "windows-like" desktop he means:

1) An overall screen with panel/taskbar/menus which will prepare users to the
current
    windows GUI

2) Single applications (word processor, etc...) with GUI

Please correct me if I'm wrong, Ingo.

Anyway, point 1) means substituting fluxbox with another window manager. XFce
may be a choice, but I'd really like to hear current impressions from all shrike
users about this.

Any feedback is welcome.

Thank you in advance

                      Marco Fioretti

(excuse me for this crappy-looking message, due to broken webmail interface: I
felt that this time it was important to answer to Ingo soon)