Re: xine error message when trying to play dvd

Matthias Saou wrote:
Travis Crawford wrote :

Using apt from freshrpms.net I had no problems getting dvd playback
working. In addition to xine you need the css decoder mojo.

apt-get install xine
agt-get install libdvdplay

Hmmmm, the first line will pull all required dependencies for DVD playback.
Actually, xine even has its own libdvdread and libdvdnav snapshots
included, so all you need externally is libdvdcss.
The libdvdplay package is the library for DVD menu support made by the
VideoLan team, and currently only used in my videolan-client package.

I haven't had any problems reported concerning my xine package and DVD
playback, but I can't help for the Fedora package... I think using their
bugzilla is the recommended solution.

Thanks, Matthias, you gave me the information I needed to get xine from freshrpms working.

Gerry