does RHL9 work with Centrino laptops?

I might be acquiring a Dell Latitude D600 laptop, which is a
"Centrino" laptop.

Does anyone have one of these beasts?  Does Red Hat Linux 9 run on it?
Specifically:

    1.  Does the 2.4.20 kernel reasonably support the Centrino
        southbridge?  Meaning, will the kernel turn on DMA, 32-bit
        I/O, IRQ unmasking, etc.?

    2.  Is the video chipset for this laptop (an ATI Radeon 9000)
        supported?  (It should be, but if this is a "mobile" version,
        it might use different PCI ids.)

    3.  Is the built-in "Centrino" Wi-Fi card supported?

I can cope with lack of support for the built-in Wi-Fi, as I already
have a PCMCIA Wi-Fi card.  The southbridge support and the video
chipset support are more critical, though.  ;)

Any insights or experiences are welcome...

--
James Ralston, Information Technology
Software Engineering Institute