Re: I'm new, Is there a gnorpm or kpackage available to RH9?

list subs3 schrieb:

Hi, Sometimes I would like to use a package util like kpackage to point to a FTP site or other location and maybe install files from these repositories.  I can't seem to find Kpackage or Gnorpm with this Redhat 9 version.
Can some one fill me in on this a little?

no gui, but it works

$man rpm
FTP/HTTP OPTIONS
rpm can act as an FTP and/or HTTP client so that packages can be
queried or installed from the internet. Package files for install,
upgrade, and query operations may be specified as an ftp or http style

ftp://USER:PASSWORD@xxxx:PORT/path/to/package.rpm

eg.

# rpm -Uvh ftp://updates.redhat.com/9/en/os/i386/your_packages*

it would be great if redhat-config-packages would handle this too

--
shrek-m