Re: mod_auth_pam

On 5/1/2003 at 4:39 PM NS Kandah wrote:

>Shane C Branch wrote:
>
>>I gave up on the mod_auth_sys. I finally got the config and the and
>compile to
>>work without error, but the module was never added. Anyway, I decided to
>try
>>mod_auth_pam.
>>After some frustration getting it to build and compile, it finally
>cooperated
>>and I installed it. However, something went wrong. When I try to restart
>httpd,
>>I get this error:
>>
>>syntax error on line 261 of .../httpd.conf: Cannot load
>.../mod_auth_pam.so
>>into server: .../mod_auth_pam.so: undefined symbol: pam_end
>>
>>the ... in the error are substituted for the full paths, just didn't want
>>type them completely. Line 261 of my httpd.conf reads: LoadModule
>pam_module
>>modules/mod_auth_pam.so
>>
>>It looks just like the lines above it that were successfully loaded, so
>I'm not
>>quite sure of the 'syntax error'.
>>
>>Any thoughts?
>>

>>regards,
>>
>>shane.
>>

>Where is the mod_auth_pam.so file? Is it in modules/ , which is a
>directory relative to the directory specified in the ServerRoot directive.
>Mine reads
>
> ServerRoot "/etc/httpd"

my root is /usr/local/apache-2.0.45

>And sure enough there is a symbolic link to exactly where all the
>modules are located
>
>Check your ServerRoot directive in the httpd.conf and see where these
>modules are supposed to be

The modules are in /usr/local/apache-2.0.45/modules

So as far as I can tell, my httpd.conf is correct, given that all the other
modules load without issue.
If I edit the httpd.conf file (mine is located in
/usr/local/apache-2.0.45/conf/httpd.conf) the server will start, no problem.

regards,

shane.