Re: Red Hat On Yesterday's Hardware

I run either links2 or dillo as my main browsers

http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~clock/twibright/links/
http://www.dillo.org/

keeping opera,firebird and mozilla around justincase.
Links2 seems to be my new favorite over dillo cause it
handles ftp, ssl, javascript, and plays nice with netscape bookmarks
that I converted from opera. But it doesn't have the normal forward button, has trouble with inputboxes (hotmail, slashdot) and In general
has a few things that need getting used to.

window manager: fluxbox has tabs and speed, 'nuff said.

As one reply mentioned tinyX try it out. Xfbdev, Xvesa, etc

Use rxvt as your terminal, its very cheap

I use a 233 with 64 mb ram but when using these apps I don't
even notice what system I'm on. so they should be decent for
something slower.

e-mail I use sylpheed. alot of functionality for its responsiveness