Re: PXE and tftp

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Wednesday 25 June 2003 11:16, Tommy McNeely wrote:
> > Jesse,
> >
> > Since you have it working.. would you mind pointing out what I did wrong...
> >
> > I added "BootServA" and "BootFile" to my dhcp server.. but I think so
> > long as you have the "pxe daemon" running, thats not necessary ..
> >
> > do you have a /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/(default)
> >
> > ??
> >
> > I don't have that yet.. maybe thats my problem :)
>
> I have added the following to my DHCPD.conf file:
>
>         allow bootp;
>         allow booting;
>         next-server 192.168.2.3;
>         filename "pxelinux.0";
>
> next-server is the tftpd server.  There is no "pxe daemon" running.  I do have
> a /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/default file that is used for all machines.

Do you know if it matters if the dhcp server and the tftp server are the same
machine. I too have fought with this with no real success but the docs seem
to indicate that you either need some magic to make it work or they need to be
different machines.

--
......Tom		Registered Linux User #14522	http://counter.li.org
tdiehl@xxxxxxxxxxxx	My current SpamTrap ------->	mtd123@xxxxxxxxxxxx