Re: Shrike & kernel 2.5.x?

On Thursday 26 June 2003 15:22, Atul Chitnis wrote:
> Could someone point me at a resource that tells me what packages I need to
> upgrade/update to allow me to run kernel 2.5.x on Shrike with all updates
> applied?
>
> Also if anyone has been rolling RH-style kernel 2.5.x rpms, and if
> yes, where could I find them?
>
> Does Rawhide have everything I need to get started?
>
> Thanks very much in advance.
>
> Atul

Have a look at http://folk.uio.no/oeysteio/Compaq/Kernel/Kernel-2.5/

These rpms are created for my laptop, a Compaq Evo N1000v. They override the
bios' dsdt-table to get ACPI working. The .config file for the kernel is also
very hardware-specfic, so I doubt rpms work on anything but a machine very
similar to my own. (Have look at my Compaq page
http://folk.uio.no/oeysteio/Compaq/)

The readme.txt file in the Kernel-2.5 folder is my notes to keep track of what
I've been doing with shrike-installation with regards to a 2.5 kernel. It
should tell you what you need to create your own rpms/

Good luck.

--
Øystein Olsen, oystein.olsen@xxxxxxxxxxxx, http://folk.uio.no/oeysteio
Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics, http://www.astro.uio.no