Re: php --with-mysql

Well, yes, of course, it's a lot nicer than my

echo '<? phpinfo() ?>' | php | grep -i mysql

but you have to

   * Make sure your web server is running
   * Find an editor to edit a file
   * Do it again, this time as root
   * Find the browser, point it at the right place in the web server
   * Move the file to where it is supposed to be
   * Fix the permissions

Even if you cut out the mistakes it's still takes 10 times as long to get a "YES" out of it. For what it's worth, even though I thought I knew the answer, I actually did

echo '<? phpinfo(); ?>' | php | less -i

and searched for mysql.

jch

Hardy Merrill wrote:

A nicer way to get that info is to put a script containing
phpinfo() into your webserver document root - call it
something like test.php:

test.php
--------
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

that's it - just that one line. Then just browse to

http://name_of_your_server/test.php

and you'll get a nicely formatted page telling you all the
different things about your webserver and all the options
it was built with - including PHP and MySQL stuff (if it
was built with MySQL support).

HTH.